- 2 lb mixed mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- A few dashes hot sauce (research sugar-free, gluten-free, paleo brands here)
- 1-1/2 cups vegan yellow cheese (typically non-Paleo, made with soy)
- 1 lb kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven 450 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, dress the mushroom, garlic and thyme with 1/4 olive oil and spread out.
- Roast the mushrooms for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, combine the sweet potatoes and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, season with sea salt and cook until fork-tender, 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to the pot, then mash with the stock and nut milk.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, the paprika and hot sauce.
- Stir in the vegan cheese.
- While the potatoes are warming, in a bowl, toss the kale with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with sea salt, pepper and a few grates of fresh nutmeg.
- Arrange on a rack set over a baking sheet and roast until crisp at the edges. 10-12 minutes.
- Combine the mushrooms and garlic with the kale and serve on a bed of the sweet potatoes.
Borrowed from SmithsVeganKitchen